GLEN RIDGE, NJ — The Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle will hold the following events in January. The club is open to all Glen Ridge senior citizens, 55 and older.
• Chair yoga, 9:45 to 10:45 a.m., on Monday, Jan. 11, 18 and 25, and Wednesday, Jan. 13 and 27. The yoga class is looking for new participants.
• Studio seniors’ art class, 10 a.m. to noon, on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 19 and 26. The art garage classes are now being held at the train station, 228 Ridgewood Ave. The art garage art class is looking for new artists. Contact Jim Cowen at 973-748-2924, or Suzanne O’Conner at 973-744-6484.
• Shopping trips to ShopRite, 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 8, 15, 22, Monday, Jan. 11, 18, and Thursday, Jan. 28.
• Blood pressure screening, Wednesday, Jan. 20, at 10:30 a.m.
• Health lecture and luncheon, Wednesday, Jan. 20, at 11 a.m. The topic will be “exercise made easy, how to keep moving,” presented by Diane Depadova. Sign up at the train station or call Jim Cowen at 973-748-2924 by the morning of Monday,
• The spring bus trip is being planned to Li Greci’s Staaten, in Staten Island. Details will be available at a later time.
• The Sportsmen’s Service League will be raking leaves and shoveling snow this winter. The contact person is Nathaniel Johns, at 973-337-9655, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Glen Ridge Volunteer Ambulance Squad seniors transportation service is now providing a transportation service for doctor’s appointments and other necessities to resident seniors. For additional information, call 862-621-9245. If no one answers, leave a message and someone will call back.
• Book exchange. Members can bring used paperback books to meetings so that they can be exchanged with members of the golden circle to enjoy. These are books that won’t be returned.
• Membership dues are for the new calendar year, which is September 2015 to June 2016. Meetings are held at the Glen Ridge Senior Community Center, located at the train station, 228 Ridgewood Ave., unless otherwise noted.
To sign up or for program registration or information, call the Recreation Office 973-748-2924 or sign up in person at the Senior Community Center. Programs are open to All Glen Ridge senior citizens 55 and older.