SOUTH ORANGE, NJ — Village Apartments of the Jewish Federation, a senior living community in South Orange, is expanding its residential offerings with the addition of luxury one-bedroom, one-bath apartments for adults ages 62 and older. Applications are being accepted now for the 12 units, which are slated to open in mid-December. Applications are available in the office or by calling 973-763-0999. They will be processed according to the date of inquiry.
Area seniors are invited to participate in the following programs in November at no charge:
- On Tuesday, Nov. 14, at 5:30 p.m., join residents at a poetry workshop led by Paul Rabinowitz from ART By The People.
- On Wednesdays, Nov. 15 and 29, at 2 p.m., discuss affairs of the day at the current events club meetings.
- On Wednesdays, Nov. 15 and 29, at 4 p.m., those who like to knit are welcome to join members of the knitting club.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 21, at 5:30 p.m., learn about “Art in Advertising” with Judy Ebright.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 28, at 5:30 p.m., singer Stephen Fuller will entertain.
Located at 110 Vose Ave. in South Orange, the rental community for independent seniors is located within walking distance of everything that vibrant downtown South Orange offers. More information is available at www.jchcorp.org.