MAPLEWOOD, NJ — The township of Maplewood will and the Maplewood Chamber of Commerce will hold a meeting on Tuesday, April 24, at 8:30 a.m. at Maplewood Town Hall, 574 Valley St., about doing business with and inside the town.
Maplewood has been spending more of its dollars with locally-owned businesses. The town “looks local first” when buying goods and services, and patronizes Maplewood’s bakeries, delis and caterers; contracts with local professionals; and purchases products from local and home-based businesses.
Learn more about opportunities to do business with Maplewood at this event, which will cover:
- What types of businesses does the township use?
- How do I find out about these opportunities?
- What is the bidding/proposal/quote process?
- How much time does it take for the township to make a decision on a purchase?
- What qualifications do I need to work with the township?
- What are the insurance requirements?
- Do I have to sign a contract and what are the terms?
- What is the payment schedule, and how long do I have to wait to get paid?
Attend this event to discuss these topics and add your questions, comments and ideas. For more information, call 973-762-7170.