WEST ORANGE, NJ — Last week the Seton Hall Prep indoor track and field team participated in the 12th annual Super Essex Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships held at Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex on Staten Island, N.Y. They captured the American Division title with 84 points. The following athletes came in first place:
- Junior Ryan Matulonis, 55-meter hurdles, 7.83.
- Junior Xavier Donaldson, 400-meter run, 49.82.
- Junior Nicholas DeVita, 800-meter run, 2:03.38.
- Donaldson, DeVita, senior Sean Bragdon, sophomore Landon Jordan, 4-x-400-meter relay, 3:34.80.
- Senior Reece Watkins, high jump, 5 feet, 10 inches.
The following athletes placed and scored points:
- Donaldson, 200-meter dash, 22.8, third place.
- Junior Kenneth Webb, 1,600-meter run, 4:46.98, third place.
- Sophomore Tyler Dunn, shot put, 41-4, third place.
- Senior Kyalo Mutuku, shot put, 40-6.50, fourth place.
- Junior Darren Burton II, high jump, 5 feet, 10 inches, second place.
- Matulonis, high jump, 5 feet, 6 inches, fourth place.