ESSEX COUNTY, NJ — To help one of the business sectors in the state hit the hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing lockdown, the state’s Restaurant Revitalization Fund shelled out more than $28.6 billion in grants to restaurants and caterers that sustained financial losses during the pandemic.
The fund was established as part of the American Rescue Plan Act, passed in March 2021. More than 101,000 restaurants in New Jersey received grants as of June 30, according to the Small Business Administration. The average grant size was $283,000.
The following area restaurants received grants:
- From Belleville, Solar Do Minho Restaurant received $154,888; Daily Catering Services LLC received $80,077; Scogrit Inc. received $166,585; Angelo’s Gourmet Eatery received $13,672; Truffle Caterers & Banquet Hall received $9,680; restaurateur AiFang Li received $6,457; 4 Guys LLC received $40,167.83; Bella Casa Caterers received $148,902; and Nanina’s in the Park received $2,774,634.50.
- From Bloomfield, Bloomfield BGR, a franchise of BGR The Burger Joint, received $28,890.12; Shreeji Restaurant Group, a franchise of IHOP, received $429,508.50; East West Dai Cuisine, a franchise of Max’s Restaurant, received $55,621.50; Shastriji Sub Inc., a franchise of Subway, received $88,073; TTNT Corp. received $196,008; Mario’s Famous Pizzeria received $24,234.36; S Hospitality Inc. received $1,512,241; Shake N Bake received $713,237; Don Ponzoni received $20,540; Brookside Thai Restaurant received $62,440; Lucky Star received $67,267; Hal-Ken Inc. received $198,692; GJ Trading Corp. received $90,089; Grab Crab Cajun Seafood received $60,259; Babylon Trading LLC received $229,040; Anthony’s Cheesecake received $19,588; and J & T Diner Corp. received $498,015.40.
- From East Orange, HO Lun Industrial USA Corp., a franchise of Dunkin’, received $64,032; Adrian’s Bread Box received $35,209.92; and A Taste of Royalty received $23,426.82.
- From Irvington, Abka Holding LLC, a franchise of IHOP, received $435,558.77; RMT Buffet Catering received $12,605; restaurateur Laurie Pierre received $47,739.14; C Food Palace received $103,192.35; New Youngtown Seafood Restaurant received $80,424; and Hunan Royal received $89,968.50.
- From Maplewood, Tandoori Chef Corp. received $31,530; Eclectic Affairs LLC/Eclectic Catering received $160,233; Giangos Inc received $205,720; Artisan Sweets LLC received $26,344.55; Kansas Squared LLC received $195,980.50; and Bagel Joy Inc. received $89,938.99.
- From Nutley, Avondale Events received $370,424.60; Pancake Palace received $135,746; Pita Bowl received $10,574; Chestnut Cafe & Eatery received $261,880.73; and Cowan’s Craft received $383,300.09.
- From Orange, China Garden received $4,169; L’Hirondelle Restaurant received $8,153; BelleJohns’ Soul Food received $24,839; restaurateur Ye Soon Lee received $36,711; Odabro African Restaurant & Lounge received $112,000; Hong AM Chinese Kitchen received $46,491.79; Hank’s Steak & Submarines received $1,339,426; and Nassau Corp. received $592,986.
- From South Orange, Shogun Yang Inc. received $28,026.39; Bistro d’Azur received $39,914.96; New Great Wall Chinese Restaurant received $83,602; Leslie Snr Inc. received $372,322; Leilo’s Sweet Shop received $27,449; Village Trattoria received $551,049; Splurge Cafe received $75,600; restaurateur Jian Feng Zhang received $25,310; Chris’s Texas Weiners received $117,640; Dan Soboti Enterprises received $158,599; La Villa Mexican and Salvadoran Food received $20,355; Kitcho-Z LLC received $101,580; restaurateur Gil Moskovitz received $93,341.88; No. 1 Chinese Restaurant received $33,711; SMNT Food & Beverages LLC received $85,148.15; and Village Food & Beverage LLC received $294,582.
- From West Orange, Om Riddhi Siddhi LLC, a franchise of Dunkin’, received $116,676; Pleasantdale Chateau received $5 million; Panorama LLC received $2,162,425; East Garden Chinese Restaurant received $70,702; SuzyQues BBQ and Bar received $68,164; Main Moon received $122,241; Bonds Tavern received $202,481.91; restaurateur Qi Yi Huang received $15,651; Sun Wah Kitchen received $14,786; McLoone’s Boathouse received $1,129,144; Willow & Olivia received $7,080.35; A.M.O. received $128,313; the Bow and Arrow Manor received $5 million; Wilshire Caterers received $2,994,719; and Mayfair Farms received $2,307,353.