MAPLEWOOD, NJ — Whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation, the Maplewood Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department has you covered with senior activities. For even more information about the department’s offerings, stop by the senior center at 106 Burnett Ave. in Maplewood or call Michelle at 973-763-0750.
A new offering for pool members is Aqua Zumba, a great workout that is easy on older joints. This is an intergenerational class that’s been well received, and we all look forward to each week. Classes are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Maplewood Community Pool from 11 to 11:45 a.m.
Other events coming up include:
- Beach Blanket Bingo on Thursday, Aug. 2, at 1 p.m. at the Maplewood Senior Center, 106 Burnett Ave. in Maplewood. Enjoy a fun afternoon with summer-themed prizes and ice cream. Pre-registration required.
- Collaborative Craft Day on Thursday, Aug. 16, at 11 a.m. at the Maplewood Senior Center, 106 Burnett Ave. in Maplewood. Grab some friends and help create a masterpiece for the new senior center. Pre-registration required.
- Take a trip to Monmouth Race Track on Thursday, Aug. 23, departing at 10:15 a.m. from DeHart Community Center, 120 Burnett Ave. in Maplewood, and returning by 4 p.m. Attendance is charged and includes transportation, entrance fee and lunch.
- A senior picnic will be Wednesday, Sept. 5, at noon at the Maplewood Community Pool, 187 Boyden Ave. Take advantage of this one last chance to get in the water and a fun day full of music, food and friends. Tickets available at the Maplewood Senior Center, Community Center and Recreation Department at Town Hall; tickets are charged.
- Take a trip to Hunterdon Hills Playhouse to see Tony-Nominated Broadway star Eddie Mekka in “Run For Your Wife” on Tuesday, Sept. 18. Attendance is charged and includes transportation, lunch and ticket. Pre-registration required.
To register for programming online, visit https://maplewood.recdesk.com/community/program. For questions, contact Michelle at 973-763-0750.